Unique Renovations cares about your health! Mold in your home is never a good thing and is usually caused by minor or severe water damage. Not only is it an eyesore, but it can have health risks as well, and getting rid of it is not always easy to do without calling in a professional mold remediation contractor.
How It Starts. Moisture can allow mold to grow. If the right amount of moisture is present – as well as ideal temperatures – mold can begin to show itself within 48 hours. If you have had a flood in your Palm Beach home, be sure to check for mold immediately after everything is cleaned up and the water is gone.
How It Looks. Many of us think of mold as always white, as it can appear on cheese or other foods. But if there is a moisture build up in your bathroom – usually in the shower area – mold starts out black. It can even show up as red on your shower liner.
Health Concerns. Fortunately, may people aren’t affected by small amounts of mold. However, people who have pre-existing respiratory problems such as asthma can be very sensitive to its presence, and mold can cause breathing problems. Elderly people can be especially susceptible to the effects of growing mold.
Residential Mold Remediation Services
We are skilled in Mold remediation and can perform immediate clean up and removal of mold, particularly toxic mold, from an indoor environment, such as a home, office, school, etc. If there is only a small amount of mold present, the homeowner or building owner may be able to clean away the mold themselves. If the mold is widespread, we have specialized equipment and methods required to remove the mold completely.
Mold remediation is not easy work. Once a toxic mold problem has been determined, there are a number of steps that need to be taken to not only remove the mold, but prevent its recurrence. Our mold remediation experts will need to change the conditions causing the mold growth and then tackle the mold clean-up. The first step in mold remediation is resolving what is causing the moisture and allowing the mold to thrive. Mold can begin to grow within 24 – 48 hours of moisture building up in an area. It is important to remove whatever is causing the moisture, or to decrease the humidity with the use of dehumidifiers or increased ventilation. Mold remediation is a pointless task if the initial causes are not also dealt with.
What We Do To Prevent Mold Reoccurrence?
- Fix leaky plumbing and leaks in the building envelope as soon as possible.
- Watch for condensation and wet spots. Fix source(s) of moisture problem(s) as soon as possible.
- Vent moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible.
- Maintain low indoor humidity, below 60% relative humidity (RH), ideally 30-50%, if possible.
- Perform regular building/HVAC inspections and maintenance as scheduled.
- Clean and dry wet or damp spots within 48 hours.
- Don’t let foundations stay wet. Provide drainage and slope the ground away from the foundation.
- Keep heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed.
- Prevent moisture due to condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in air (humidity). To increase surface temperature, insulate or increase air circulation. To reduce the moisture level in air, repair leaks, increase ventilation (if outside air is cold and dry), or dehumidify (if outdoor air is warm and humid).
Have a MOLD PROBLEM? Call us today 561-799-0303 or Click Here to Schedule an Evaluation!